Some question about function StartPage() in Rastertohp.c

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Nov 11 05:25:26 PST 2005

Zhang xin wrote:
> We think we can get Raster format data from CUPS filter,then we
> implement a transform program just like what Rastertohp.c does.This
> program transform Raster format data to GDI printer instruction and
> send it to GDI printer. Is this draft correct?

Yes, that should work.  CUPS will figure out the best filter(s) to
run in front of yours and then provide you with raster data as
defined in your PPD file.

> And now the most great trouble is:we have no documents or files or
> other resource about GDI any more:( Could you give us some resource
> about GDI or some direction,thanks alot for your help again:)

GDI or host-based printers are generally undocumented.  You may find
information on linuxprinting.org for specific models, however the
printer manufacturer is your best source of information (good luck!)