cups 1.1.19 daemon dies on Solaris 9

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Nov 15 16:00:44 PST 2005

Hi Guys,
I am running cups version 1.1.19 on solaris 9.Actually it is not actual print server but polling the print queues from two print servers and entertaining requests from clients.

Previously we were running this server as a client which was connected to only one of print servers(presumably there is no option that one can configure a client which two servers).We then turn off the client configuration and configured it to poll print queues both print servers instead and started cupsd daemon.

Since last week the cups daemon is dieing without any visible symptom,
I am wondering if there is any bug in CUPS version 1.1.19, that we are not aware of which is hurting cupsd.

Please advise.

Regards,
Zia-ul-Hassan
Unix systems Admin