founder of cups

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Oct 3 05:39:54 PDT 2005

trust at der-befreier.net wrote:
> hi list,
>
> i write a master thesis over linux and so i need to know, who was the
> founder of cups and when the first release of cups was released.

You'll find a detailed CUPS history in the CUPS book.  I'll see
about posting this part of the CUPS book on the CUPS site...

Anyways, Easy Software Products (my company) started working on
CUPS in 1997 and released 1.0 on October 1, 1999.  You can see some
of the old site content via the Wayback Machine at:

     http://www.archive.org/