.HEX files aka ovelays

Ted Fiedler fiedlert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 13:05:47 PDT 2005

I have a setup of RHEL ES4.0/Cups 1.1.23/Samba 3.0.14a All of my companies 500+ printers and 1200+ users print through this server. Some applications use overlays, which normally is not a problem because they print through an AIX server runing LPD and they print fine - However when I print jobs from that use overlays through my cups server - they hang. I see no errors, they  just hang. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks
Ted