Ricoh Aficio 550

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Oct 6 01:51:58 PDT 2005

Hello,

First, please excuse my english, it's not my native language.

I'm trying to configure a Ricoh printer model Aficio 550 to work on a Linux system using cups.

The matter is that I couldn't find any driver for this model in the printer drivers list.

I found on Ricoh's support web site a driver but it is working with an old version of lpr, and I'd rather use cups. The other drivers we can download are only for Windows systems.

My system is Linux Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 5)
kernel 2.4.21-4.ELsmp

My cups version is cups-1.1.17-13.3.32

I configured the printer as an IPP printer.

I tried to edit /etc/printers.conf but my printer is still unrecognized by cups.

How can I configure it ?

Thanks a lot in advance,