[cups.general] Re: Re: QUEUE paused: Unable to send print filetoprinter:Connection reset by peer

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Oct 6 08:19:33 PDT 2005

Hello,

On Oct 6 09:53 Anonymous wrote (shortened):
> I have a similar problem and I can not imagine that it is a hardware problem.
> I work with different printservers (Allnet / Intel) and different printers
> (HP / Kyocera) and from time to time most of the printers are disabled.
> The only diffrence is the backend. I am working with the LPD Backend.

Of course it cannot be a problem inside those printserver boxes
(or inside the printer network cards) because all printserver boxes
are well known to have always rock-solid implementations of the
LPD protocol built in ;-)

Perhaps it helps to play around with the options for the LPD backend,
see "Configuring LPD Printing Options" in the "CUPS Software
Administrators Manual" but I think it is hopeless.

In general the plain socket communication is considered to be more
reliable because this doesn't need this rock-solid implementation
of the LPD protocol in those printserver boxes.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de