configure an Epson Stylus Color II

Lorenzo Bettini bettini at dsi.unifi.it
Fri Oct 7 02:26:18 PDT 2005

Hi

I'm trying to configure this printer, Epson Stylus Color II, with cups

when I have to select the model in Cups, there

Epson Stylus Color II (Foomatic/stc2.upp) (recommended)

however, if I select this driver, I'm not allowed to choose between
color and gray scale (and I don't want to print everything in color)

looking at
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_Color_II
they recommend gimp-print, but the only possibility I can choose in cups
that is similar to this one is

Epson Stylus Color CUPS+Gimp-Print

notice that it is only Color without II

now if I choose this driver, I can choose between color and gray scale
but then the first lines of the documents are not printed, i.e.,

  abcdefgh
  abcdefgh
+-----------+
|abcdefgh   |
|abcdefgh   |
|abcdefgh   |
|           |
|           |
|           |
+-----------+

instead of

+-----------+
|abcdefgh   |
|abcdefgh   |
|abcdefgh   |
|abcdefgh   |
|abcdefgh   |

am I doing something wrong, or should I choose another driver?

thanks in advance
Lorenzo