separate banner

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Oct 7 05:32:11 PDT 2005

Anonymous wrote:

> Hello,
> I have this problem:
> we use two printers servers: one for active directory systems (microsoft)
> and one for unix systems (cups).
> We need to submit jobs using the initial banner page.
> Cups server, when receives a job, sends the banner and after the file.
> AD server sends banner and file together.
> My problem is when both servers send files to the same printer,
> often the paper output is:
> cups banner
> ad banner + file
> cups file
> Is it possible, for cups software, to aggregate banner and file?
>
> Kind Regards
> D. Bortolotti
>
> (Daniela.Bortolotti at bo.infn.it)

Look at the alternate pstops filter (see the links on the CUPS web site). It provides banner page(s)
as integral part of the current print job, but these banner page(s) must be programmed in PostScript.
The rewpective archive contains a sample banner page, though.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung