Ricoh Aficio 550

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Oct 11 02:29:16 PDT 2005

> a) You didn't install the ppd in the right place, or
> b) You didn't restart CUPS before adding your printer, or
> c) The ppd file isn't valid

I put my ppd files in /etc/cups/ppd and in /usr/share/cups/model (found 2 files for my printer in the windows drivers I downloaded).

I restarted cups with /etc/init.d/cups restart.

My error_log in /var/log/cups tells me :
I [11/Oct/2005:10:50:42 +0200] LoadPPDs: Read "/etc/cups/ppds.dat", 16 PPDs...
I [11/Oct/2005:10:50:42 +0200] LoadPPDs: No new or changed PPDs...
I had 14 before adding the 2 new ppd files.

But when I try to add a printer the model of my printer still doesn't exist in the Ricoh list.

I suppose the ppd files aren't corrects, but these are the only ppd I found on the web.

I tried with another model driver : aficio 700, and at the printing test, I have the message " Data sent successfully" but nothing came out of the printer...

Thanks a lot anyway for your help, Dan.