[cups.general] CUPS to use Print server's filters for remote jobs

saravanan venkat_saravanan at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 04:47:56 PDT 2005

Dear all,

 We got a HP 9050 printer with a right driver
installed in CUPS running on RHEL 3
 We have a requirement to add watermark for all the
printouts that go through the printserver.

 What happens is that, only local jobs that goes
directly from the Print server have the watermark. I
have shared this printer through SAMBA. Any job coming
from a Windows  client or other Linux clients do not
have Watermark, though the job goes through the print
server.

My requirements is here:

 How to enforce the print server to apply watermarks
for any job (remote/Local) ?
 I'd like to do Filtering via the Linux Print Server.
and Apply watermark over the jobs that come from
remote machine.

Please Advice.

Regards,
saravanan