[cups.general] Forcing Greyscale, works with unix - not windows

Brad Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Oct 13 23:06:02 PDT 2005

Helge Blischke wrote:
>>>Did you install your printers on the win box(es) via cupsaddsmb (or the equivalent
>>>"by hand" procedure described in the samba howto)? If not, your PPD modifications
>>>won't have copied over to the windows box; you'd have to redo the modifications "by hand"
>>>again on the windows box.
>>
>>sure - I don't expect there to be any changes to the ppd on the
>>clients... I want cups to spool the job through a pstops and strip out
>>the color information.
>>
>>Do you know if that is possible?
>>
>>brad
>

> It depends on wether the printing app itself queries the PPD (either directly or via printer driver
> functions), like e.g. QuarkXpress does or not. Perhaps you could post a sample file to have a look
> into?
>
> Helge

I don't understand... how could an app on the client query the ppd that
resides on the cups server?

I've figured out why i get the error page - it's because pstops adds a
second EOF marker to the output when it runs on.

I posted that problem in another thread.

I'd be happy to post a sample file - but i'm not sure we're
understanding each other yet...

brad