Epson C65 poor quality printing

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Sat Oct 15 03:28:50 PDT 2005

Hi!
I have recently bought an epson c65. First thing I did was trying it from winxp: it worked pretty fast and the quality of its output looked good enough. Then I print the same document from cups using the drivers from the rc1 of gimp-print. At first it looked awful no matter the resolution I setted for the printing. Bold and low resolution "pixelated" fonts. The document in question is a postscript file B obtained from application of pstops to another postscript A obtained from a text file via enscript. B contains 2 pages of A per page of B. A is printed fine. Also if I transform B to a pdf with ps2pdf then the resulting pdf is printed fine too. Finally if I print A specifying two pages per sheet in the kprint dialog box the resolution is ok too. I can't see what is happening. I have used pstops for years without inconvenients. Any clue?
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Carlos