MaxClients value Question

oehmes at googlemail.com oehmes at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 18 11:10:38 PDT 2005

Hi,

we have a problem with a huge Cups installation. we run about 500 Printers on a single Cups Server and sharing this printers over Samba.
The Problem is at login time we connect several Printers to different clients. samba opens a new connection to cups for each printer (i assume to query status).

sometimes we are not able to refresh a printer from a client, because there are so many outstanding requests, that run on the cups server, i assume this has to do with the default of MaxClient Value to 100 .
is it save to increase this to 500 ?

we run a 1 way 3 GhZ Xeon System with 2 Gig of Ram as Hardware.