Howto: Printer always online

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Wed Oct 19 03:43:20 PDT 2005

I use CUPS to serve several network printers and it nearly works fine. But there is one thing I would like to change:

Sometimes printers run out of paper or have a paper jam. If CUPS gets knowledge of this, it stops the printer. After feeding new paper or removing the jam, the printer does absolutely nothing unless I say CUPS "hey... my printer is online". I don't want CUPS to stop my printer or would like have the printer restart automatically immedeately... but how?

Regards

ink