Serving a GhostScript que via LPD

anonymous at easyw.com anonymous at easyw.com
Wed Oct 19 12:09:27 PDT 2005

Hello all. I am not that impressed w/ cups thus far and am looking for someone to wow me here!
I am looking to create a cups-pdf printer queue that is served up by LPD with the goal of "printing" to a PDF file from my VMS servers.

I have cups-lpd running as part of xinetd w/o incident. I am unable to add a simple LPD host queue on my Gentoo box to be printed to from other hosts. The web admin is not at all helpful, what do I need to put in the URI field? I have tried many things and nothing seems to be working!

Remember that I am trying to serve a LPD queue that will ultimately print to PDF... what am I missing here?