[cups.general] WERR_ACCESS_DENIED with cupsaddsmb

E. Gabriel Dandrades eddie at dandrades.org
Sat Oct 22 05:29:10 PDT 2005

*Please CC me on replies, I haven't yet fully subscribed*

--

I'm attempting to configure samba to work with CUPS so that I can have an XP
client use the networked printer, an HP PSC 2510. Here's the relevant

[printers]

         comment = All Printers

         path = /var/spool/samba

         browseable = no

         public = yes

         guest ok = yes

         writable = no

         printable = yes

         use client driver = yes

         printer admin = root

[print$]

         comment = Printer Driver Download Area

         path = /usr/local/share/cups/drivers

         browseable = no

         guest ok = yes

         read only = yes

         write list = root

Anywhom, I try the relevant command to make cups and samba marry each other:

insomniac# cupsaddsmb -v -a -H 10.0.0.1 -U root

Password for root required to access 10.0.0.1 via SAMBA:

Running command: rpcclient 10.0.0.1 -N -U'root%password' -c 'setdriver
HPPRINTER HPPRINTER'

SetPrinter call failed!

result was WERR_ACCESS_DENIED

Password for root required to access 10.0.0.1 via SAMBA:

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this for me? Thanks