Can CUPS handle templates?

Thorsten t.leiser at scharr.de
Sun Oct 23 05:33:51 PDT 2005

Hi,

we use a SAMBA/CUPS-Server for the print services in our windows environment. Because of our ERP system is unable to handle templates, we have to load them into to the flash memory of our printers. So we always have to buy expensive printers with flash memory option. So we had the following idea:
Can we use CUPS to combine the templates with the print job? So we wouldn't have to buy always such expensive printers and we would be more flexible if a forms printer gets an hardware error.

Regards,

Thorsten