[cups.general] Re: How to close the port 631?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Sun Oct 23 14:27:13 PDT 2005

On Mandriva the configuration of the local firewall is easy: Start the
"mcc", go to "Security" and there to "Firewall". Simply mark the
services you want to close for the internet and choose the network
interface connecting to the internet (do not let the firewall apply to
"lo" or any internal LAN interface). If you have a LAN with various
machines, configure a firewall only on the machine or the router
connecting to the internet, do not set firewalls on the machines inside
the LAN and on the LAN interfaces, so that CUPS daemons can communicate
in the LAN.

    Till