cups not supported in COMPAQ machin

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Sun Oct 23 18:28:11 PDT 2005

rjacintoh at hotmail.com wrote:
> I need help
> I have a COMPAQ Pentium III 733 MHz
> with Mandrake Linux installed
>
> But the cups service can not be installed here
> I re-installed mandrake linux, but nothing
> happened
>
> Pls say me how to solve this, because I can not use
> any printer

There is nothing special about Compaq computers that would stop CUPS
from working on them. It sounds like you either didn't install CUPS
right when you installed Mandrake, or haven't got the CUPS service
running, or haven't installed the printer correctly. Or something.

As for what's actually wrong, my crystal ball is going a little foggy
these days. Is it possible to dispense slightly more information?