[cups.general] Printing rasterbator images

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Sun Oct 23 18:37:26 PDT 2005

Brian Wallen wrote:
> I've got my printer working with cups, but when I go to print something from rasterbator, it cuts off the edges. In case you don't know what rasterbator is, it takes a picture and enlarges it to fit multiple sheets of paper, then you print each page out and put them together. The picture goes to the very end of every page. However, when my printer prints the individual pages, it leaves a white border around the outside, cutting off some of the picture.  So if anyone knows how I can tell cups to print to the edges of the page, please let me know. I'm using an HP photosmart 7350 with the hpoj drivers if it makes a difference.

Get HPLIP from http://hpinkjet.sf.net/. Must be 0.9.5 or newer. In case
of 0.9.5 the official patch must be applied. With HPOJ or with HPIJS
only or with older HPLIP/HPIJS versions borderless printing is not
supported.

Set the "Quality" option to one of the full-bleed choices, and tell CUPS
to print without borders and to fill the page ("lpr -o page-top=0 -o
page-bottom=0 -o page-left=0 -o page-right=0 -o scaling=100 <file>").

    Till