[cups.general] Problems with printer

Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Mon Oct 24 23:08:14 PDT 2005

Hi,

I've added a new Ricoh multi function printer (AF1515PS).
The printer supports lpd,ipp and socket:9100 printing.
All three methods are working for cups clients.
All methods do not work for the windows people using samba
who are trying to print !
The print job is send to the printer, but the printer
resets the print job and nothing is printed. Sometimes
the job is standing a long time in the print que.

SuSE 9.1, cups 1.1.20, samba 3.0.20

[global]
         printcap name = cups
         cups options = raw

#
I have also used the printer without a ppd file
as a raw printer, but also this could not solve the problem.

I've installed the PCL driver for the windows people,
because the ppd file caused an error, whenever
the windows user have tried to access the properties
of the printer !
No idea what's going on here, but normaly it's working also
with the pcl driver (raw - printing).

Has anbody an idea what's going on ?
My first guess was, that the pcl job is going through a ps
filter and somehow is getting corruppted. But without a ppd
and after a cups restart this should not happed, right ?

--
Thanks,
     Peer