[cups.general] Problems with printer

Franz Pförtsch franz.pfoertsch at brose.net
Tue Oct 25 09:28:22 PDT 2005

Hello,

I also often have this problem.
The jobs are transfert to the printer put not printed.

My first step is to disable the PJL-informations, remarking it!

I only fill in a *% on the right place.
before the modification at RAF15153.PPD:
*Protocols: PJL TBCP
*JCLBegin: "<1B>%-12345X at PJL JOB<0A>"
*JCLToPSInterpreter: "@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT <0A>"
*JCLEnd: "<1B>%-12345X at PJL EOJ<0A>"

after:
*% *Protocols: PJL TBCP
*% *JCLBegin: "<1B>%-12345X at PJL JOB<0A>"
*% *JCLToPSInterpreter: "@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT <0A>"
*% *JCLEnd: "<1B>%-12345X at PJL EOJ<0A>"

often the printerdriver works in boths worlds.

Do we need a printerdriver database?

regards
Franz