WHICH PRINTER DO YOU RECOMMEND ?

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Wed Oct 26 15:42:35 PDT 2005

Howdy,

I want to buy a printer but I have no experience which type of printer (Inkjet or Laser) and which brand and it's model is suitable for my needs. I will tell you what I want to do with my printer and you can recommend me the perfect one for me.
I have already read your website's printer guide so it's no good you refering me to your website's printer guide.

I want to print-out web-templates (cool designs), back-grounds.

I want to print-out webpages (that display logos, images, etc.).

I want to print-out webpages (that display picture galleries).

I want to print-out webpages that are search result pages with images.

I want to print-out webpages (dating, marriage, etc. match-makers) that advertise people's profiles with text and photo-images.

I want to print-out webpages that have small images like these but the images should be printed-out enlarged in good quality.

I will be printing-out my own websites and not other peoples'.

Now, as you can see, I want a printer that will be able to print-out both text and peoples' photoh-images on A4 paper so I can turn the papers into leaflets. Better if it can print-out on A3 paper so I can create colourful posters.

I also want the ink to last long and be low cost because I really don't want to spend on ink more than 1 pence (British) per paper.
I think 1 pence = 1.65 cent (just less than 2 cents).

I have been reading printer guides and I understood that dedicated photo printers are not for me because they can't print-out text nor can they print on normal paper but require special "photo-papers" and these are smaller than A4 in size plus expensive.
I also understood that laser printers are not good to print-out images and photohs.
So, that leaves me with Injet Printers even if they are slower than laser printers.
Now, amongst the Inkjet Printers, I don't know which type is suitable for me.

I don't like the sound of Dye because they take too long to dry and more likely to smudge.
Maybe, Pigments are suitable for me ?
And, since "compatible ink cartridges" (non-brands) are cheaper and equal in quality to "brand ink cartridges" then I guess it's best I buy an Inkjet Printer that can use all sorts of or atleast more than one sort of "compatible ink cartridges" (non-brands) so I can test different companies' "compatible ink cartridges" (non-brands).
>From what I've been reading on :
http://www.valueshop.co.uk/guide-to-ink-cartridges.asp
http://www.valueshop.co.uk/guide-to-buying-printer.asp
http://www.valueshop.co.uk/guide-to-ink-cartridges.asp
it seems it is best that my printer does not have a 'fixed print head".

What happens when an ink cartridge runs-out of ink ? Do I have to replace the whole cartridge ? Wouldn't that be expensive ? Isn't it best to just get a cartridge where I can refill ink ? This way, I only spend money on ink and not on both (ink plus the cartridge) ?
I don't know what's best for me so please advise.

So now, which Inkjet Printer do you recommend that can use more than one company's "compatible Pigment ink cartridges" (non-brands) and print-on A4 and better if print on A3 (normal, standard) papers ?
Which brand and model (printer) do you recommend which is itself low cost plus it's ink/cartridge are low cost too and longer lasting and cheaper to replace/refill ?

Anything else I should know ?

Oh by the way, if it's a choice between choosing a printer that is fast but low quality printing or a printer that is slow but prints good quality then I'd go for the latter. But, ofcourse, I prefer a printer that can do both (print fast and good quality text and phots, images, logos, animations, etc.).

Reply asap because I need to buy one asap.

Thanx