[cups.general] Adding a text only printer

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Oct 27 16:04:08 PDT 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 18:34, svetter at ameritech.net wrote:
>   I have a Data South DS-180 9-pin dot matrix printer and am trying to
> add this printer as a text only printer.  How do I do such?  I've tried
> every generic printer setting and nthing seems to work.  And there is
> no printer driver I see in CUPS to support it.

The huge majority of those old pin pounders had either an epson or ibm
emulation, one of which was usually the powerup default.

Experiment with the various epson 9 pin driver options, and if that
doesn't seem to be promising, give the ibm group a try.  Back in those
days, there was a lot more standardization between pin pounders than
there is between ink squirters now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)