Limiting list of printers seen by user?

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Mon Oct 31 00:45:48 PST 2005

Michael Sweet <mike at easysw.com> writes:

> > program and openoffice, but not for kprinter. I've filed STR 1335 with
> > a patch that corrects this.
>
> cupsGetPrinters() is deprecated, and has been since CUPS 1.1 was
> released.  cupsGetDests() and the newer cupsGetDests2() are the
> recommended functions to use.

Deprecated or not - would it harm to add the patch? I'd very much like
the limit-list-of-printers functionality to work for old software that
uses cupsGetPrinters as well.

> > Another observation is that 1.2svn-r4810 seems to duplicate printer
> > definitions in printers.conf sometimes. Is this a known problem, or
> > should I try to track it down?
>
> We had some issues with the new cupsArray*() functions a few weeks
> back, but there should not be any problems now.  If you can come up
> with a reproduction recipe, file a STR and we'll fix it.

I'll see what I can do. It was not easily reproducible, but it did
happend several times.

\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
Cendio AB                    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00