canon s100 , cant print legal media size , only A4 and letter

rdoggsv rdoggsv at svcommunity.org
Mon Oct 31 18:19:58 PST 2005

hello everyone this is my first message :D

Ok so i have a canon S100 connected trough usb and its installed on an
archlinux 0.7.1 using cups 1.1.23, i downloaded from
www.linuxprinting.org the ppd its called Canon-S100-bjc600.ppd, i can
easily print A4 and letter sizes media paper but when i send a legal
media type document (on openoffice 2.0) it just doesnt work , my page
got printed starting at 2/4 of the document so i lose the starting part.

I tried reinstalling several times and also using a gimp-print driver
that is for the canon-bjc-4300 (on the gimp-print page they say its
compatible with canonS100, but that driver doesnt have a legal media
type listed on the posibilities ) so when i send a legal type document
it doesnt print at all.

I have no idea what else to do ! so i really ask all of u for some help !

THANX FOR TAKING THE TIME ON READING THIS. and also thank u in advance
for any help.

Rdoggsv