backend doesn't receive options

Meier Rudolf meiru at gmx.net
Sun Oct 2 15:36:00 PDT 2005

I wrote a backend. Then I installed a printer, using this backend (this backend redirects all data through the network, so, it's a 1:1 copy of the socket backend at the moment). But what it finaly should do, is to send the options like the paper size etc. first (collected trough the configuration page), and then the postscript data.
But I don't get options... the options-parameter (argv[5]) is always empty ("") ... why? How can I get the options? Do I have to write a filter for this?

thanks a lot