[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1335: requesting-user-name not sent when asking for list of printers, list of classes or default printer

Erik Forsberg forsberg+cups at cendio.se
Fri Oct 28 04:18:41 PDT 2005

[STR New]

According to a discussion with Michael Sweet in the cups.general newsgroup,
the list of printers should be limited to the printers a user has access
to via the den/allow features.

This seems to be implemented on the servers side in 1.2svn-r4810, but the
CUPS libraries doesn't send any requesting-user-name in the
cupsGetPrinters(), cupsGetClasses() and cupsGetDefault2() functions, so
the whole list of printers is shown anyway.

I'm attaching a patch that fixes this problem. Note that I don't know if
it's good to send the username with cupsGetClasses and cupsGetDefault2,
but I assume so. I've tested the effect with cupsGetPrinters, and there it
seems to give the desired effect in my test program and in a openoffice
1.1.3 on Fedora Core 3.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1335
Version: 1.2-current