Color Banner from tray 1

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Mon Oct 31 05:07:49 PST 2005

aukjan at gmail.com wrote:

> Helge,
>
> As to the question below... I am using the alternate pstops and want to have the banner pages printed out from a different tray, but have not got it to work yet. Could you give me an example of how to do this? (I have got pstops working though...).
>
> Thanks in advance..

Look into the pstops.txt file, ear the end (the appendix section). There is listed an example
for a banner page (header page only). You will see there a comment line (a line with a "%"
sign precedint the relevant text) that reads
	/MediaColor (blue) def
Replace this line - without the percent sign - by the statement to draw the media from the desired
input tray (get the respective statement from your printer's PPD).

Note that the whole bunch of code must be located in your $DATADIR/Resources/ProcSet directory
(DATADIR is usually /usr/xhare/cups), and the file name must be the same as the resource name
(DefaultBanners in the example).

If all has been set up correctly, the option
	banner-pages=DefaultBanners
should cause the banner page to be printed.

Helge

PS: The value of this option is case sensitive, which is in fact a violation of the IPP spec.
It will probably be corrected in the next release of the alternate pstops filter.

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung