Color Banner from tray 1

aukjan at gmail.com aukjan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 05:56:04 PST 2005

Helge,

Thanks for the advice... I had already tried doing this but possibly got the options wrong.  My setup prints out a banner page perfectly, but still uses the default tray, instead of the tray specified in as an option. I set the InputSlot as follows:

 begin
   % Define additional key/value pairs for
   % the setpagedevice operator here using the
   % def operator, e.g.
   % /MediaColor (blue) def
   /InputSlot (Tray2) def
 currentdict end setpagedevice

lpoptions gives me this info about the printer:
 InputSlot/Media Source: *Default Manual Tray1 Tray2 Tray3

And in the PPD file it says:
 *OpenUI *InputSlot/Media Source: PickOne
 *DefaultInputSlot: Default
 *InputSlot Default/Default: ""
 *InputSlot Manual/Manual Feeding: ""
 *InputSlot Tray1/Tray 1: ""
 *InputSlot Tray2/Tray 2: ""
 *InputSlot Tray3/Tray 3: ""
 *CloseUI: *InputSlot

Is there anything wrong with this?? can I add some extra debug information to check?  I already try to find information from the cupsomatic debug output, but have not gotten much from it...

Thanks for your time,

Aukjan