Color Banner from tray 1

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Mon Oct 31 10:22:19 PST 2005

aukjan at gmail.com wrote:

> Helge,
>
> I found the problem, it should have been:
>
>  /ManualFeed false def
>  /MediaPosition 0 def
>
> Now it works!
>
> It was defined in the PPD later on:
>
>  *% COMDATA #        'Tray2' => {
>  *% COMDATA #          'comment' => 'Tray 2',
>  *% COMDATA #          'value' => 'Tray2',
>  *% COMDATA #          'idx' => 'ev/906',
>  *% COMDATA #          'driverval' => '/ManualFeed false /MediaPosition 0'
>  *% COMDATA #        },
>
> But I have to do this for 300 different printers with different PPD files, is there a way to just use:
>
>  %%BeginFeature: InputSlot (Tray2)
>  %%EndFeature
>
> So I can have the PPD translation be done for me?? Or is this not possible?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Aukjan

Sorry, the code snippet looks like Perl code embedded in the PPD. The old, meanwhile deprecated
cupsomatic used to do this. But as for your banner pages, if it is the same for all your printers,
you need not bother hacking the PPDs. But I'd recommend to update the printing system to at least
the latest cupsomatic. If your printers are native PS printers, you should use the vendor supplied
PPDs in favour.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke