Cups on fc3 to network printers stops after jame

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Sep 1 07:16:52 PDT 2005

Ok so I have now found out lots of people have had this and the new version
soon should have options to retry on some errors
from looking through this newsgroup.

As our fc3 box has this problem and has cups version:
cups 1.1.22-0.rc1.8 System Environment/Daemons Common Unix Printing System
 cups-libs 1.1.22-0.rc1.8 System Environment/Libraries Common Unix Printing
System - libraries
 hal-cups-utils 0.5.2-8 Applications/System

And a old rh9 box which works has
 cups 1.1.17-13 System Environment/Daemons Common Unix Printing System
 cups-libs 1.1.17-13 System Environment/Libraries

Would uninstalling the above on the fc3 box and then installing 1.1.17 onto
it cure this problem?

Has anyone else tried this.

Nick