[cups.general] Print jobs not printing

Gobi gobi at jhti.com
Thu Sep 1 08:39:02 PDT 2005

I am running Fedora 4, linux version: 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4, with
cups-1.1.23-15.1.

I have two printers:

HP LaserJet4L (via serial)	and
HP LaserJet1300 (via usb)

My main problem is with my LaserJet1300.  When I initially added the
printer, all my print jobs sent to LaserJet1300 were printed with no
problem.  Then last week I noticed that some print jobs were not
printing and I had to start the print job a couple of times before it
would actually print.  Then starting a couple of days ago, none of the
print jobs sent to that printer would print anymore and sometimes the
application (ie MS Word) that started the print job would hang.  This
didn't happen before.

I configured my cups through gnome cups configurator.  For the
LaserJet1300, I am using the Postscript driver.  I set the log level to
debug and I am attaching it here for analysis.

Thanks in advance.