[cups.general] Samsung ML-1210 / Mandriva 10.1

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Thu Sep 1 12:59:56 PDT 2005

matt-nc wrote:
> Any suggestions for getting a Samsung ML-1210 working with Mandriva 10.1?  The rating on linuxprinting.org says it works perectly.
>
> ESP Ghostscript 7.07.2 is installed and all the foomatic files seem to be present and in the right locations.  I have configured it with the correct PPD file that is available on linuxprinting.org.
>
> When I print, nothing happens.
>
> When I do an lpstat -p command I get a message:
> "printer SAMSUNGML1210 now printing SAMSUNGML1210-2.  enabled since Jan 01 00:00
>         Unable to send print file to printer: No such device"

For me it looks more like a hardware communication or kernel problem.

Is the printer on parallel or on USB?

Is the printer turned on?

Is the cable OK?

Does printerdrake detect it when you click "Add printer" and let then
local printers be searched for?

What is the output of "lsusb -vvv"?

What are the permissions of /dev/lp0 or /dev/usb/lp0?

Are the kernel modules loaded ("modprobe usblp" or "modprobe lp"?

Remember to restart CUPS when you have fixed something.

    Till