page-label

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Sat Sep 3 08:01:21 PDT 2005

Jeff wrote:

> I see a number of references to "page-label" for adding a static header to every page printed,...how exactly would one implement the page-label option? When I looked it up in the documentation, it simply explained what it was, but I didn't see anything on how to do it,...
>
> Thanks
> Jeff

page-label is a job attribute:
	-o page-label="some weird text"
on the command line. The default implementation simply renders this "sime weird text"
(without the quotes) surrounded by a rectangular box at both tht top and the bottom of
each page.

There is an alternate implementation - see the link to "alternate pstops filter" on the
CUPS homepage - which requires some skills in PostScript programming but allows to
do things like watermarks, thumb tabs, etc.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung