[cups.general] Routing dosemu print output through CUPS to file?

Kenward Vaughan kay_jay at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 5 11:09:32 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have an old gwbasic program used by our soccer region for assigning
referees to games.  Being the new scheduler, I would like to keep my
Debian box unadulterated, and use dosemu, which does work well with the
app.

The only problem comes with some of the printouts, where I'd like to
either change the printer's font to 6 or 8 point, or have the printer
or CUPS convert the print job into a file I can manipulate (I'm
guessing Postscript, but am uncertain of this aspect).

Is there a way to do this through /etc/printcap, using perhaps a bogus
printer which actually is a script producing a file, or is there some
other approach where I could feed some command to the printer itself?

My printer is an HP1200 laserjet.

Many thanks for any help!

Kenward Vaughan
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,