Disabling dither ?

Harry harryGATES at sufehGATESmi.com
Thu Sep 8 21:37:03 PDT 2005

Does anyone knows how to disable dithering, in Epson (dot matrix) / Omni driver ?

The reason I'm asking is because everytime we tried to print invoice here (from our web-based system), the Epson LQ-1050+ (or any Epson dot matrix) printer will print dotted lines for any lines in that invoice (table borders especially).
This makes the invoice looks horrible, so we can't give these print-out to our customers.

My guess is that this is caused by Omni / Ghostscript (?) driver trying to dither the lines. But instead, in this case it's making it looks bad.

I've tried printing from Firefox and Konqueror, and the printed output still looks the same (dotted lines instead of straight/solid lines)

The invoice looks okay if printed from Windows-based browsers.

I've looked around, but I can't find the way to disable dithering.

Of course it's possible that it's actually got nothing to do with dithering at all, in which case I'll be happy if you can point me to the right direction.

Many thanks,
Harry