[cups.general] Re: print to samba printer without specifying password in advance

Matt Hull mhull1 at uic.edu
Fri Sep 9 07:19:27 PDT 2005

i wouldnt use samba to do anything from a linux client to a linux server.
however, linux is missing secure file sharing and printing on an untrusted
netowrk.  nfs only works on a trusted network, and cups doesnt do any
authentication from a client running a cups spooler.

i have been using linux for a few years, correct me if i am wrong on that

matt