[cups.general] need recommendations for printer

Eric S. JOhansson esj at harvee.org
Sun Sep 11 10:28:07 PDT 2005

Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Thanks. The PPD is OK. It passes the "cupstestppd" test. It also shows
> that your printer understands PostScript, "BRScript" is the name of
> Brother's PostScript interpreter.
>
> So from the driver side your printer should not be a problem. It should
> simply work.
>
> Did you follow Brother's instructions from the link which I have posted?

apologies for the delay but I finally did as you requested.  I deleted
the printer and reinstalled following the instructions you posted.
There was no difference in behavior.  It will print a small page fine
but anything larger (image rich web page) causes the printer to lock up.

also as you requested, I tried the USB interface and a like the network
interface, it failed exactly the same way.  It can print a test sheet
but it fails printing a larger document.

I ran ethereal and it had a tcp window full message on the last packet
sent.  the raw data is at: http://harvee.org/test/ipp_capture  3.3 mb

next suggestions?