Allow printer management (start/stop) and only that.

Greg greg at easysw.com
Mon Sep 12 02:46:38 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I need to allow our operating team to start and stop printers over the CUPS-GUI, but only that administrive task, not the others.

>From what I have found though, it is only possible to give all administrive priviliges or none to a certain group, ip-address, domain, ... in the cupsd.conf

Does anyone now a way to give them access to that task, but not to - for example - modifying printers or restarting jobs and so on?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might contribute something to this issue!

Greg