USB printer not showing up

Wim anonymous at easysw.com
Sun Sep 18 07:39:09 PDT 2005

My USB printer is not showing up in the device section, when I want to install it with the web interface.

Some output which might be helpful
# lpinfo -v
network socket
network http
network ipp
network lpd
direct scsi
serial serial:/dev/ttyS0?baud=115200
serial serial:/dev/ttyS1?baud=115200
# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
usblp                   8096  0
# dmesg | tail
usbcore: registered new driver usblp
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: v0.13: USB Printer Device Class driver
usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 2 if 0 alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x04E8 pid 0x3236

Cups was compiled manually from "cups-1.2svn-r4629-source.tar.bz2".

I've restarted cups a few times, but that didn't help.
Does anyone have any idea what could be missing and how I can solve it?
Anything else I could check? I have a feeling this is going to be something very simple I overlooked, but I have no clue what :/

Thanks in advance for any help or hints!