XP & Cups - Strange print driver install problem

maillist at bordengrammar.kent.sch.uk maillist at bordengrammar.kent.sch.uk
Thu Sep 22 02:14:07 PDT 2005

Hi All,

Have a bit of weird problem with a CUPS server, Windows XP and print drivers.

I set the server up in July and installed a Laserjet 2300 and a Laserjet 2550 via usb. I have CUPS cups-1.1.21-0 running on kernel 2.6.8.1-12 and the whole plot has worked fine until about a week ago.
When adding new machines to the network, the clients complain that incorrect drivers are installed on the server and it refuses to install. The Laserjet 2550 installs as usual and both drivers have the same permissions etc., so I don't quite see why one should stop working.

Has anyone else had this? A Windows update aimed up stuffing CUPS perhaps? All help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Julian