ESP Ghostscript 8.15.1
mike at easysw.com
Thu Sep 22 10:37:52 PDT 2005
ESP Ghostscript 8.15.1 is stable release based on GPL Ghostscript 8.15 and includes an enhanced configure script, the CUPS raster driver, many GPL drivers, support for dynamically loaded drivers (currently implemented for the X11 driver), and several GPL Ghostscript bug fixes. The new release also fixes all of the reported STRs from ESP Ghostscript 7.07.x.
Changes in 8.15.1:
- The shared X11 driver was not built with the correct
linker command (CCLD instead of CC_SHARED) (STR #1255)
- The opvp driver incorrectly assumed that CODESET was
supported on all platforms that supported iconv (STR
- Updated the iconv checks so they work on more platforms
- Added support in the "cups" driver for the
CUPS_CSPACE_RGBW colorspace (new in MacOS X 10.4 and
- Added "SET RENDERMODE=..." PJL command to header of the
output of the "pxlmono" and "pxlcolor" drivers, this
way color laser printers get correctly switched between
grayscale and color mode and are this way often four
times faster in grayscale (Thanks to Jonathan Kamens,
jik at kamens dot brookline dot ma dot us, for this
- Corrected Legal paper size definition for the "pxlmono"
and "pxlcolor" drivers (Thanks to Jonathan Kamens, jik
at kamens dot brookline dot ma dot us, for this fix).
- Added some missing "$(install_prefix)"in the install
procedure of the extra files for "pcl3" driver.
- The lips4 driver used a small string buffer to hold the
output resolution, which would cause a buffer overflow
for resolutions > 99 (STR #1241).
More information about the cups