[cups.general] Hint: Do you have the raw file printing rules enabled

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Sat Sep 24 12:06:12 PDT 2005

In /etc/cups/mime.convs and /etc/cups/mime.types are rules for all mime
types ("*") in the end. Usually they are commented out to avoid wasting
paper by printing unknown or unprintable files (like MP3), because they
tell CUPS to print unknown files (file types not matching the other
rules) raw (without applying any filter or driver). If you print from
Windows with the Windows driver being used on the client, the server
should print raw, and for this case these rules have to be uncommented.

    Till