Can't cancel my own jobs with KDE print manager (kjobviwer)

Parzival ConfuseYourSpamBot-parzp at ConfuseYourSpamBot.shaw.ca
Tue Sep 27 13:10:49 PDT 2005

I cannot cancel or otherwise manipulate the print queue for my own print
jobs with kjobviewer (kde print manager). It complains "You don't have
access to the selected resource". Since these are my own print jobs, I
should have access to them (shouldn't I?). If I start kjobviewer from a
shell with su, it works, but that seems pretty stupid to cancel your own
print jobs.

If I use "CUPS WWW Admin tool", i.e. the web interface to the server,
I also can't remove my own jobs from the queue unless I am root.

How can I get this access to my own print jobs while logged on as the
ordinary user who is printing? I specifically want to be able use the kde
print manager (kjobviewer), not the lp or cancel command, as this is too
complex for say, my wife when she print something to the wrong printer.

I am using CUPS with Mandrake 10.1 My cupsd.conf contains in part:
where "parz" is my group.

<Location />
Encryption IfRequested
Satisfy All