[cups.general] access to shared printers disappears

marc at arctic.net marc at arctic.net
Tue Sep 27 14:36:17 PDT 2005

Having set cupsd.conf in tiger with "BrowsePoll serveripaddress" from using"serverName serveripaddress" in client.conf we discovered that all of a sudden non-admin users lost access to all printers.  We found that rthe BrowsePoll option moved the printers to the SharedPrinters menu and that non-admin users did not have access to the sharedprinter menu in a printing dialog box unless they were print admins (not a good idea!)

does anyone have any idea a) why this happens or b) what to do to provide non-admin users with access to the Shared Printers dialog?