cancel remote jobs

Pierre Ossman drzeus-list at drzeus.cx
Thu Sep 29 05:46:58 PDT 2005

Michael Sweet wrote:
> Pierre Ossman wrote:
>
>> Michael Sweet wrote:

>>> No, it's actually something that we're adding to 1.2...
>>>

>> Is there a plan for when 1.2 is supposed to be done? Or perhaps a bug
>> tracker entry for this feature?
>

> Betas next month.  Search the STR page to find the remote job STRs
> (there are several)

Hmm... I can't seem to find one related to this. The closest is a
request to add better remote host paramaters to lpr & co.

I had a look in the code and it seems that the backends aren't involved
at all when cancelling jobs. So if you're designing better interaction
there will we also get effects like aborting prints that are currently
running on the printer or are spooled there? (provided the protocol the
printer speaks support this of course)

Rgds
Pierre