QUEUE paused: Unable to send print file to printer: Connection reset by peer

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Sep 30 04:45:31 PDT 2005

Gennady wrote:

> Sometimes (3-4 in day) printer queue paused, when I start printer - all works fine, spooled documents printed normaly.
>
> In log I found this message:
>
> Unable to send print file to printer: Connection reset by peer
>
> Printer:
> Device URI: socket://192.168.0.5:9100
>
> Search for cups.general without success.
> What can I do in this situation?

Buy a new printer.

Well, no kidding. The message you get occasionally tells you that the printer closes the connection
when it should not do so. CUPS cannot but treat this as an error and stops the queue to prevent
(further) losss of data to be printed.

Helge

PS: to be honest, the error may be caused by a bogus router or weak hardware somewhere in your
network, of course.

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung