Bandwidth limit when sending job to remote printer?

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Fri Sep 30 04:52:11 PDT 2005

Hi!

We have a case where we'd like to have a central printhost that sends
printer jobs to remote printers. The internet connections to the
remote printers may be rather narrow in bandwidth, so we'd like to
limit the bandwidth used for printing.

Is there any support in CUPS for doing this? Could it be done by some
simple modification of backends or similiar?

(We could use the bandwidth limit tools of the Linux kernel, but a
CUPS-solution may be easier to administer).

Regards,
\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
Cendio AB                    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00