Launching an application from CUPS Backend

Mohit Kumar mohitkumar17 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 01:58:20 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I am writing a backend for CUPS, which would finally print a pdf file. However, after printing I want to open this application in any PDF Viewer, say Adobe Reader.

Is it possible for me to do so?

I had tried to "execvp" Adobe Reader with the name of the file as the argument, but nothing happened. So I was wondering if there is something that can be done in this regard or some one has some mechanism to make this working.

Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mohit